Tuesday, August 30, 2011

"How about one for ill-considered blog posts?"

I think I need to make it a rule that I should never respond to an email, or any other form of communication for that matter, until at least an hour after I have first seen it (or heard it, or read it, or whatever else I might do). Every time I send immediate responses to things, I seem to get myself into trouble.

For instance, I responded badly to my mother's email from yesterday, and now I've come to find out that wasn't what she meant at all. Her worry was more that I wouldn't be able to draw people into the lives of new characters, not that I shouldn't write anything else.

Fortunately for me, and probably the only reason I've survived to the age I have, my mother is usually quicker to forgive than she is to get angry. She does have a temper, but it takes a lot to set it off, and it always helps if people apologize. Which I did.

To add to it all, my body is behaving badly, as if I had caught a very mild form of flu. I don't have a fever, but I feel like I do, and both my balance and my digestion are somewhat off. It may be the effects of stress, or I may actually have picked up some kind of germ, but it's still unpleasant.

On that pleasant note, I shall depart for the day. The cats need to be fed their dinner, and I need to encourage myself to do something useful. And not to get stupidly depressive. I do hate how strongly the state of my body tends to affect my mind and my emotions…

1 comment: